Choosing the right senior home care professionals for your loved one can be overwhelming. There are numerous options in the home care field. In order to filter through these and find the right one for your situation, you should do research on all possibilities. Following, are 3 qualities to look for.
1. Availability: Not every senior requires the same amount of assistance. Some require 24/7 live in attention. Others may only need minimal help in order to get back to independence. The amount of assistance can also fluctuate depending on the senior’s progress or potential setbacks. Look for the following staff your potential agency employs:
- Home Health Aides and Nurse’s Aides
- Live-in Nurse’s Aides
- Registered Nurse
- Licensed Practical Nurse
2. Trusted Staff: It is crucial that all caregivers and staff of the agency can be trusted and have all the necessary training, certifications and screenings. Below are areas to confirm with the home care provider:
- Screened according to State Law, including background checks.
- State licensed and insured
- Reference checks of all previous employers
3. Goals and Commitment: It is important to discuss the goals you have for your loved one. Your home care professional should have similar goals and be committed to accomplishing them. They should work hard to get their patient to functioning as close as possible to their normal routine. This involves working and communicating with a professional team in order to have a plan.
The 3 qualities above is a good starting point to finding your ideal senior home care professional. To learn more about these qualities and others, contact us.